Web Submission:Complete the on-line course data entry form. Upon submission you will receive an e-mail that your intent to apply has been received. You must send your supporting documentation.
Please note: All support material and cover sheets must accompany your online application. Please mail or email this information to:
Magee-Womens Research Institute
204 Craft Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
REQUIRED SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION:
- Enclose a copy of your curriculum vitae.
- Enclose a copy of the biosketch of the laboratory PI (students and fellows only).
- List all sources of funding for your laboratory (students and fellows: the laboratory of the PI).
- Provide a statement of your reasons for wanting to take this course.
- Please respond to these questions:
- Outline your background in biological sciences, including courses taken and experience in cell culture, including general cell culture, primary cells, adult stem cells, mESC, hESC and cancer stem cells.
- What experience, if any, have you had with stem cell/cancer research?
- Are you currently studying stem cell/cancer research and if so, please specify.
- What specific plans do you have for hESC/cancer research after completing the course? Please describe your research goals, including basic science and/or clinical applications of the research.
- Will you be training other members of your laboratory?
- Given your experience and future plans, what particular topics would you like to address during the course?
- Evaluations: Applicants should request written evaluations from two individuals familiar with their academic and research background and goals. For students and postdoctoral fellows, one evaluation should be from the laboratory PI. For independent investigators, one evaluation should be from the department chair. Evaluations may be submitted with other application materials by the candidate or sent directly to the MWRI/PDC Admissions Office by the evaluator by November 4, 2013.
Deadline: Completed application forms and required supporting documentation must be received by November 4, 2013.
Financial Information: Tuition: $2,650.00; Room & Board: Additional. Financial assistance is available for participants in this course, including non-U.S. citizens who hold proper visas. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of need. Candidates wishing to be considered for assistance must complete and submit the Financial Aid Request Form included in this application. Scholarship requests are not a factor in admissions decisions.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about admissions application procedures and processing. Further inquiries about the course and admission policies may be directed to email@example.com.